I know it’s been a while since I’ve shown up here. I promise to make it up to you guys 🙂
If you have read any of my blogs or if you have attended any of my workshops you must know by now how much I love writing and lists as a wellness tool.
So following my own lead I present to you the list of lessons learned last year – if you are wondering why my year is ending in August then that’s a valid question. We start the Muslim calendar year today and luckily it is Wednesday! Blog day!
Here goes-Lessons learned in the funkiest year thus far
- The hardest lesson life has taught me is, how to be you despite who everyone else is.
- Do what you do despite the reaction or lack thereof.
- Don’t react, respond.
- Don’t let things change you, harden you, burden you, shrink you, retreat you, or silence you.
- The most important work is to remain soft, kind, loving, sensitive, peaceful, blissful, happy, and joyful no matter how long you have lived and what you have witnessed and been through.
- You become peaceful and joyful only when you let go of control, judgment, fight and expectations, and give in to acceptance and surrender.
- Move from anger and withholding to gratitude and giving.
- The only way to survive this life is to help someone survive. What you put out boomerangs back into your life.
- The only way to breathe easy is to help someone breathe easy.
- Giving in to your emotions and feel them fully. This is what releases you from them. If you fight it, control it or deny it, it becomes a roadblock or a shapeshifting demon that keeps showing up on your road as it pleases.
That’s it, folks.
Sending you love and light